Every parent has been here: you’re trying to get out the door, and you just CANNOT get your little one to keep their shoes on. Right!?
That’s where baby moccasins come in. These are my favorite type of shoes for baby ones, because they are secured by an elastic band that keeps them on those wiggly feet.
Properly fitting baby moccs will help provide balance while your child is learning to stand and walk. All of my picks for the best baby moccasins are made from premium leather and suede to support your baby’s growing feet and promote correct walking skills.
BirdRock Baby Moccasins
Mama’s Choice: Best Overall
With over 2,000 glowing reviews, BirdRock’s leather baby moccasins are a clear choice for high-quality, reliable shoes. Choose from over 30 colors and styles to match any of your baby’s outfits.
High-quality, genuine leather shoes that will stay on baby’s feet all day. They feature built-in soft soles that are great for foot development. Purchase with confidence because BirdRock Baby moccasins come with a 100 percent lifetime guarantee.
What I Love
- Flexible sole for natural foot movement and growth
- A small portion of each purchase goes toward Feed My Starving Children, a non-profit organization
- They stay on baby’s feet, even without socks
- Small business mentality with excellent customer service
- Leather is soft and comfortable
Buy with confidence. Not only do you not have to worry about these moccasins falling off and getting lost, but BirdRock Baby was featured on ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX for its above and beyond customer service. The company stands by its product offering refunds or exchanges if you are not completely satisfied.
Birdrock Baby is a small, family-owned business that sells stylish, quality baby products at prices that real families can afford. When purchasing these best baby moccasins, you can choose from three styles: classic, fringeless, and Mary Janes. You can see tons of adorable photos of kiddos wearing them on their Instagram page @birdrockbaby:
Each purchase of genuine leather shoes benefits children in need through Feed My Starving Children.Check Price
Freshly Picked Baby Moccasins
Mama’s Choice: Best Lux Option
Originally featured on Shark Tank, Freshly Picked baby moccasins are now in Bloomingdales and Nordstrom. These premium quality leather and suede moccasins will stay on your baby’s feet and give them room to grow.
Freshly Picked moccs are a favorite of celebrities, and they are very nice – but geez are they expensive. If you can get past the price tag though, they are a super popular trendy option.
Freshly Picked moccasins are made from the highest quality materials in the United States. Each shoe is made with the best attention to detail to stay on those baby feet, while still providing enough room to grow. These best baby moccasins make excellent gifts for new moms.
What I Love
- Comfortable fit for babies crawling or learning to walk
- Made from premium, soft materials
- Fits true to size
- Choose between fun and neutral colors to match any outfit
You do not need to worry about tying shoelaces when your baby is fussy. Freshly Picked soft sole city moccasins are slip-ons that stay on all day. The flexible sole allows for comfortable movement that promotes foot and leg muscle development.
Freshly Picked started as an Etsy shop when a Utah mom became frustrated, trying to find shoes to fit her baby. Her small, homemade business found its way to Shark Tank, and eventually, a successful company that did not lose its values surrounding quality and fit. You can see part of their Shark Tank pitch here:
Freshly Picked baby moccasins are so soft that they mimic walking barefoot, improving your baby’s balance and coordination as they grow and walk.Check Price
Pidoli Baby Leather Moccasins
Mama’s Choice: Best with Hard Soles
If your baby has outgrown soft-soled shoes or is practicing walking outside, Pidoli moccasins are an excellent choice of hard-soled shoes. The rubber, treaded sole helps to prevent slips.
Pidoli baby moccasins made from genuine leather with rubber soles provide traction when learning to walk. The elastic opening and leather insole help to stay on your baby’s feet without needing laces. Choose from over 15 fun colors and designs to match any outfit.
What I Love
- Affordably priced, compared to similar brands
- Flexible, rubber sole keeps these comfortable to wear
- Very durable
Pidoli baby moccasins come in five different sizes to best fit your baby as they continue to grow. The elastic opening easily fits over chubby baby feet but stays snug for all sizes. If you are concerned about your baby slipping when wearing soft-soled shoes, teach them to walk in these hard-soled moccasins.
There are so many colors to choose from, and with the low price point, you can buy as many colors and styles as you want. The breathable fabric ventilates your baby’s feet and prevents them from sweating. They make a great gift for infants up to walking toddlers.
Pidoli provides quality, leather moccasins for your baby at affordable prices.Check Price
How to Choose the Best Baby Moccasins
There is no doubt that baby shoes are adorable, but they also need to be functional. The best baby moccasins are made from lightweight and flexible fabrics so your baby can not only move around your house or yard, but their toes can move around and are not restricted.
While you want to make sure they are snug enough to stay on your baby’s feet throughout the day, make sure that they are easy for you to take on and off. Elastic openings work best for slipping shoes on and off of your baby.
Try to stay away from shoes that will start to smell after wear. Synthetic fabrics can close sweat in and begin to smell, so look for natural materials like cotton. Cotton and natural fabrics are also easier to clean and can last longer.
3 Important Factors to Consider When Purchasing Baby Moccasins
Even though your baby may not be walking much right now, it is still essential to consider these factors when shopping for their next pair of shoes.
- Look for a shoe made from natural materials. Baby’s feet sweat, so it is easier for the skin to breathe through natural fabrics than synthetics.
- Baby’s feet are very flexible, so a poorly fitting shoe could change the shape of your baby’s foot. Make sure shoes are roomy enough for your baby’s feet to grow and move.
- Always look for comfort. Babies should not have to “break-in” new shoes, especially since they are just learning how to walk.
Other Baby Moccasins You May Consider
All babies are different, and your baby could benefit from choosing an alternative moccasin from those listed above.
Lucky Love Baby Moccasins
Lucky Love baby moccasins come in two sole options for infants up to first time walkers. These premium leather moccasins come with a 100 percent lifetime guarantee. Lucky Love is a small business that puts your baby’s needs first with its premium design that stays on all day.
Lucky Love baby moccasins come in a variety of colors to match any outfit and personality. Choose from two sole options depending on which stage of growth your baby is at.
What I Love
- Great fit for average shoe sizes
- Flexible and easy to put on
- Easy to keep clean
- Comfortable for walking or crawling
- Can be challenging to take off
- Metallic material tends to fall off
You can choose from two different sole options, depending on your baby’s stage of development. The soft soles are perfect for pre-walkers. Whereas, the rubber soles will provide balance, stability, and traction for babies standing and walking on their own.
Lucky Love strives to make fashionable footwear at affordable prices. You need to purchase a lot of shoes for babies as their feet grow, so being able to make smart, affordable choices helps with budgeting. Lucky Love baby moccasins are easy to put on and stay put all day.
Lucky Love baby moccasins come in many fashionable colors and styles, while also managing function and sole choices for walking and crawling babies.Check Price
Littlebeemocs T-Strap Baby Moccasins
Littlebeemocs t-strap moccasins are made from genuine Italian leather and handcrafted in Europe. These high-quality materials are hypoallergenic and best for babies with sensitive skin. Their soft, slip-resistant soles are made for infants and babies learning to walk.
What I Love
- The cute packaging makes it a great gift idea
- Made from quality Italian leather
- A great value compared to similar brands
- Flexible and easy to put on
- Fit can be a little tight depending on the size of your baby’s feet
- They run small, so check their sizing chart
Littlebeemocs is an adorable alternative to the usual fringe moccasins. Their t-strap makes them comfortable and breathable for your baby to wear around the house or during warmer months. The slip-resistant soles help promote balance and mobility for your baby.
Littlebeemocs is a European family-owned business with an eye for craftsmanship. They understand that babies will develop better with high-quality, reliable shoes made from natural materials.
Littlebeemocs is a small, customer-focused business that makes baby moccasins from genuine Italian leather.
Hudson Baby Moccasins
Hudson Baby’s baby moccasins are unisex and have a slightly different design than most of the others I’ve covered so far.
My favorite thing about these moccs is the pull tab on the heel. This allows you to get a little extra stretch and secure the shoes around your baby’s feet (super important if you have a little chunker!).
What I Love
- Great for fat feet
- Pull tab on the heel for easy fitting
- Excellent value
- Not made from genuine leather
- Materials can be a bit stiff when first opened
These moccs are imported, but Hudson Baby is an American based company, located in Poughkeepsie, New York. The parent company, Hudson Childrenswear, has been around for a long time and makes a variety of other products including fleece baby booties under their Luvable Friends brand.Check Price
Dearfoams Moccasins with Tie Slipper
These are unique! Dearfoams makes a microsuede moccasin with a cute faux suede tie.
I love that these can be used both indoors and outdoors thanks to the hard sole.
Tassle moccasins available in a variety of colors for both boys and girls.
What I Love
- Unique, classic design
- Super cozy interior
- The red plaid is my favorite!
- Pediatritions recommend soft soles for new walkers
These moccs are almost more like slippers. Little kids are sure to love the cozy inners, and they will go great in a holiday photo shoot.Check Price
Hongteya Fur Fleece Moccasins
If you live in a colder climate, or have a baby that gets particularly chilly, Hongtey’a fur fleece lined baby moccasins are an excellent choice.
- BABY MOCCASINS BOOTS:100% Genuine Leather and 100%Handmade with durable soft leather sole
- BABY SHOES WITH FUR BOTTOM:rubber sole and non-slip baby moccasins,perfect for babies, toddlers and firstwalkers.
- BABY MOCCASINS TASSEL:Super Warm Suede Fleece Lined, keep your baby feet always warm and comfortable. Our animal style baby moccasins are so cute, especially the lovely fox print. And here we add stylish leopard baby shoes mocassins for spring summer and autumn.
- CHOOSE SIZE:11.5cm/4.53’’(0-6months)12.5cm/4.92’’(6-12months)13.5cm/5.32’’(12-18months)14.5cm/5.7’’(18-24 months) Please measure your baby's feet length before buying, then choose the size according our size chart. The month is just a reference. Welcome to contact us before buying.
- RETURN - We’re so confident in the quality of our baby moccasins that if at any point you aren’t completely satisfied with your HONGTEYA Baby purchase, you’re welcome to return it for a replacement pair or complete refund.
What I Love
- Classic tassel fringe design
- Extra warm fleece lining
- Hard sole for new walkers
- Available in many colors
- Insoles aren’t sewn in as strongly as they should be
Hongteya’s fleece lined moccs are perfect for those chilly winter mornings!
Parents already have a lot to consider and choose from when it comes to raising a baby, shoes being a top priority. Ill-fitting shoes may have severe effects on the development of your baby’s feet, so it is important to find high-quality shoes that they can comfortably move in.
Gaining a better understanding of your baby’s needs will help you choose the best baby moccasins for your child. Remember that baby’s feet are constantly growing, so finding a brand you can trust will help you when you have to make future purchases.