Ready for some motivation? Use these quick tips to make the most of this spring season.
This post contains affiliate links. I earn a little when you use them to sign up or shop.
“Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party.'”―Robin Williams
Nothing says “refresh” quite like the start of spring. Everything from the new blooms to the tweeting birds and even the rain just yells, “Renew and reset.” And while it would definitely be easy to pause briefly for some spring break fun and then bide your time until summer, I hope you’ll take the opportunity to make the most of this spring season. Let it motivate you to grow and keep moving toward your goals for the year. Here are a few ideas to propel you and to help you spring forward.
- Look back at your goals for the new year. If you set goals for the year, this is an ideal time to check your progress. Are you on track? Do you need to realign? Spend some time giving this some thought and deciding how you’ll proceed.
- Start something new. There’s “new” in the air. Take advantage of that and start something you’ve been thinking about. Maybe it’s a class, a project, a new workout or even a blog! Whether you’ve been procrastinating or it’s something you’ve recently decided to do, now is a great time to get started.
- Freshen things up. Sure, you’ll want to do some spring cleaning (these bathroom cleaning tips might help!), but this is also a good time to purge and get rid of all the things you no longer need. Beyond the cleaning, freshen things up internally by taking advantage of the fresh fruit available from farmer’s markets or your local grocery store. Take this tip even further by opting for a spring fast or cleanse.
- Get outdoors. Walk out in the sun, let the wind blow through your hair and get outside as much as you can. Ride your bike, plant a garden or just sit on the porch with a neighbor or a friend. It’s amazing how sunshine can easily boost your mood. Take advantage of the warmer weather and get out there!
- Act like a kid again. And, while you’re outside, have a little fun like you did when you were a kid. Jump rope, make sidewalk chalk art or play a game from childhood. Your kids will get a kick out of it and if you have no kids of your own, help a mom out and babysit hers for the afternoon.
- Bring the outdoors in. Open up the windows, pick some flowers (or order them) or bring some spring scents in via candles and cleaning products. Everything on my Grove.co shopping list smells like spring right now. If you haven’t started shopping there yet, here’s $10 off your first $20 order.
- Look ahead to the next quarter. I can hardly believe the first quarter of 2017 is nearly behind us, but it is. I do hope you’ve made some memories, achieved some goals and took the time to enjoy yourself. Breathe that all in and appreciate it while you take a moment to look ahead to the second quarter. Take a good look at your planner and consider where you’d like to be by summer (if you still need a planner, you know I love my Erin Condren!).
“Spring is the time of plans and projects.”― Leo Tolstoy,
That should be enough to get you on your way. Whatever you choose to do this spring, be sure you make the most of every moment. Do you have a tip to add to our Spring Forward list? Drop it in the comments or on the MamaZone’s Facebook page.
Psst…Pin this to save and share!
Anitra has been sharing useful ideas for moms at The Mama Zone since 2009. She’s a wife, mom of two and an elementary school teacher, turned homeschooling mom. She’s also an online influencer and ebook author who enjoys writing to help other moms and to build strong families.