This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #DataAndAMovie #CollectiveBias
You’re paying too much for that. I don’t know exactly what your “that” is, but if your monthly bills are anything like the average American family, I can say with certainty that you’re paying too much for something. And, if it’s your cell phone bill, you’ll definitely want to read on to learn more about the Walmart Family Mobile PLUS plan. You’ll also discover several practical ways you can lower your monthly bills and a new set of printables to help.
Reduce Your Monthly Bills
The road to lower monthly bills does not have to be a long one. Start today by asking yourself a few questions:
- Can I easily switch to a company that offers a lower price?
- Am I paying unnecessary fees?
- Will small habit changes lead to savings?
- Could I save more by doing a little research?
- Do I really need ______?
- Am I using a particular product/company/service because it’s the popular thing to do?
After you have that conversation with yourself, take a look at my printable list of practical ways you can reduce your monthly bills. Here are some of the highlights:
- Get rid of your hefty cell phone bill. I’m starting here because this whole bill reduction pursuit started when I realized switching to Walmart Family Mobile PLUS could almost cut my cell phone bill in half. That’s a big deal! We’ve talked about Walmart Family Mobile before, but this new $49.88 PLUS service plan offers Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data (which includes up to 10GB of 4G LTE). There’s also a free VUDU movie each month, but we’ll talk more about that below!
- Kick your bad utility bill habits. You’d be surprised how much you can save by simply unplugging things that aren’t being used, switching to energy efficient bulbs, or trying motion-sensing light switches. Take a look at the printable for several other ways to lower your utility bills, including getting rid of your landline (we use Ooma). You could begin to see the savings as quickly as your next bill.
- Bundle your services. Companies like it when you give them more business, so they’ll reward you for bundling. Are your insurance policies with the same company? Could you combine internet and cable? Do a little research to find out just how much you’re overpaying.
- Live fee-free. Check your bills to see what fees you can avoid. Try an online bank, only use your bank’s ATMs or get cash back at the grocery store and skip the ATM altogether. You’ll also want to check your bills for fees that seem “strange.” Call to ask about those–you just might find a few errors.
- Download apps and spend time online. If you want to reduce your transportation and grocery bills, get comfortable with apps and online shopping. Shopping and gas apps offer coupons and cash back, plus they point you in the direction of the best prices in your area. You can also purchase discount gas cards online. Find some great apps in my HUGE List of Ways to Save and use these to maximize your gasoline and grocery savings.
Once you’ve made up your mind to start saving, use the printable Bill Reduction Tracking Chart to write down your plan and track your savings. Do it now–tax season is the perfect time to think about these things because you likely have a tax refund coming. Consider how you can stretch those refund dollars to get out of contracts, buy a new cell phone or pre-pay a bill.
If you opt for a cell phone, know that you don’t have to spend a lot to get a good one. The LG Leon LTE in my photos is $69.82 at Walmart (on rollback from $99.82).
Reward Your Money Saving Efforts
After you’ve done the hard work, use your savings to reward yourself. Go out to dinner, take a spa day, shop a little or enjoy a night in with the free VUDU movie you’ll receive each month after switching to the Walmart Family Mobile PLUS plan (new release rental, $7 value). If you have a smart TV like we do, you know how easy it is to stream movies using VUDU. Just choose the movie, add snacks and family, settle in and enjoy! You might also start a new savings account so you can take a vacation or purchase that dream item you couldn’t otherwise afford. Whatever you choose, be sure you do something. Your hard work deserves a reward.
Look into the Walmart Family Mobile PLUS Plan
Now, the ball is in your proverbial court. What will you do with it? Grab the printable Bill Reduction Plan and leave a comment below telling my how you plan to lower your monthly bills. If you decide to switch to the Walmart Family Mobile PLUS plan, I want to hear all about it! Use the pictures below to help you find a phone at your local Walmart and don’t forget to pick up the Starter Kit.
Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to http://cbi.as/2n6q6 or your local Walmart for current pricing.