School is back in full swing and I thought you might be looking for a little help to supplement your child’s education. Here is a list of resources that I have used both as a homeschooler and an elementary school teacher. Use these for extensions, extra practice and a little educational fun. If you know of great resources you’d like to have me add, leave a comment below this post!
This post contains affiliate links. I earn a small commission when you click them to shop.
General Educational Resources for Elementary Students
- Schoolhouse Teachers – Huge membership site with resources, classes, books and electives for homeschoolers. It’s also great for adding enrichments and additional support after school. There’s a sale through 9/30/18 offering the first month for just $1. It’s $14.95 each month after that.
- PBS Learning Media – FREE, standards-aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans. Many of the resources incorporate the shows kids love on PBS. I’ve used this for Curious George lessons and plan to use it throughout the school year.
- Kahoot – A fun way to quiz and review online.
- Education.com – Games and worksheets, etc. on every subject.
- Quizlet – An easy way to create flashcards to study/practice.
- Teachers Pay Teachers – This is a great site with activities, worksheets, assessments, etc. all created by teachers. Many of the resources are free or less than $5. You can visit my Teachers Pay Teachers store here.
Reading and Language Arts Resources for Elementary Students
- Hoopla Digital– Free online access to books, movies, audiobooks, etc. using your library card. You can read my hoopla review here.
- Spelling City – Great site for learning and reviewing spelling words. There are a number of games and resources available in the free version. The price of the premium version has gone up over the years. It’s now $34.95 for up to 5 children.
- Reading Kingdom – An online reading program that teaches kids 4-10 to read to a third-grade level. There’s a free 30-day trial and it’s $19.99/month after that.
Math Practice For Kids
- SplashMath– Offers math games for extra math practice. There’s an app as well.
- BJU Press Speed Drills – Great practice for math fluency.
- Measured Mom – Hands-on math games and activities for kindergarten-2nd grade.
- Cool Math – Math games for extra practice. There’s a great manipulatives section too.
- Khan Academy– Instructional videos for math for students from kindergarten to college. Also offers science, computer programming, history, art history, and economics instruction.
- Math Drill apps for Apple and Android
Science, STEM and STEAM Resources for Kids
- Scratch – Free site that teaches kids to code their own interactive stories, animations, and games.
- Groovy Labs in a Box Inc – Monthly STEM subscription box. See our full review of the Groovy Labs subscription box here.
- Kiwi Crate – Monthly STEAM subscription box. There are different subscription boxes for different ages. You can read our Tinker Crate review here.
- Piper Computer Kit – Kids build their own computers. See our Piper review here.
Bible Activities for Kids
- Bible App for Kids – Bible app for kids from the makers of the YouVersion Bible app.
- Check Your Messages – My Bible workbook for kids.
- 101 Bible Verses to Teach Your Kids – Flashcards, etc. to help teach scripture to children.
Online Art Activities for Kids
- Deep Space Sparkle – Art lessons and ideas.
- Jam Drawing Bootcamp – They have a number of courses that kids complete online or on their app. We’ve gone through the drawing bootcamp, but there are other art classes and subjects to choose from.
- ABCya Paint – Online app for coloring, drawing and painting.
Remember, if you know of great sites you’d like to have me add, leave a comment and let me know about them!
Psst…Pin this to save and share!
Larger image will open in Pinterest window.
Anitra has been sharing useful ideas for moms at The Mama Zone since 2009. She’s a wife, mom of two and an elementary school teacher, turned homeschooling mom. She’s also an online influencer and ebook author who enjoys writing to help other moms and to build strong families.