I am completely obsessed with HelloFresh. Have you heard of it? It’s a weekly food box subscription that’s joining my list of favorite things. I was hooked from the first box and I was pretty sure I would be. Read on to find out why and to snag a coupon for $40 off your first HelloFresh box.
This post contains referral links because I recommend HelloFresh. Thanks for using them to shop!
Why I Subscribed to HelloFresh
- I hate grocery shopping. HelloFresh helps take some of the stress out by sending all of the ingredients I need for the week’s recipes right to my door.
- I’m just an average cook and I also lack creativity in the kitchen, so having a variety of recipes and step-by-step instructions helps a lot.
- It’s better than eating out. Our subscription costs about $10.75 per person, per meal. We’d pay more than that at a sit-down restaurant and, though we’d pay less for fast food, it’s nowhere near as healthy.
- I’m learning to cook. I so often envied my friends and their instagramable food and now I’m doing that myself! (In fact, HelloFresh has a weekly contest on Instagram.) My culinary skills have definitely improved and I now also have a reason to buy grown-up kitchen tools. I love it.
- It has de-stressed dinner time. I know what I’m cooking, I have clear instructions for how to cook it and I don’t have to shop for the food. I am also learning to enjoy cooking. Who knew how much stress relief could come from chopping vegetables?!
I researched a few other dinner box subscriptions, but found them either too expensive or too exotic. We are a family of four with two very picky eaters, so I wanted something that would offer easy, creative meals without going too far or breaking the bank.
And, speaking of the bank, a subscription for four costs us $129/week. We use the Classic Meal Box, which is also available for two at $69/week. The Vegetarian Meal Box is $59 for two and $109 for four. Each box includes three meals.
It works for us, although I wish there was a five meal plan. I also wish I could control the delivery time since I don’t want the box to sit on my porch if I’m not home. Even with those two concerns, HelloFresh is making mama’s life easier! If you’re interested in subscribing, here’s a little help:
Save on HelloFresh
Once you subscribe, you’ll receive a referral code to help your friends save $40 on their first box. You also earn FREE boxes to give to friends and I hope my friends have enjoyed that perk! Use my HelloFresh referral link to save and then get busy sharing yours.
I hope this review helps you decide whether it’s is right for your family. If you’re curious, go head and make the investment to at least try it for a week. If you’d prefer a meal plan without the food delivery, I still recommend eMeals. If you have comments or questions about either, let’s chat below!
You’re in the Trial Zone. Become an Insider to keep up with these posts.
Anitra is the founder of The Mama Zone and she’s been sharing useful tips for mom here since 2009.