I have used a number of helpful blogging tools to streamline my blogging through the years. Here’s a list of some of those tools to help improve your blog. I’ll update it regularly, so Bookmark it and visit often. By the way, some of these links are referral or affiliate links and if you’re looking for the post on how I make money blogging, find it here. (Last updated 12/7/17)
- Platform: WordPress.org (self-hosted)
- Hosting: Inmotion Hosting. I’ve never had an issue with them. I was with GoDaddy and Hostgator before them and had trouble with both.
- Theme: Headway, a drag and drop, responsive WordPress theme that makes customizing my site so easy.
- SEO/Sitemap: Yoast SEO Plugin
- Speed/Optimization: Pingdom Website Speed Test, EWWW Image Optimizer, WP Rocket
- Backups: UpdraftPlus
- Commenting: Disqus
- Analytics: Google Analytics
- Tailwind: Allows you to manage your Pinterest sharing. Use the link to get a free month.
- Social Warfare: I started with this and deleted it because it doesn’t work with Pinterest’s official pin buttons. I recently went back because it’s FAST and my site load time decreased when I started using it.
Tools I’ve used in the past:
- CoSchedule: I stopped because you can find free/less expensive options
- Revive Old Post
- Click to Tweet by Todaymade
Image Editing and Creating Graphics/Videos
Free High Quality Photos
- Easy Digital Downloads: I use this for my ebook sales.
- Layer Slider WP: Great for slideshows and carousels. This is what I use on the homepage.
- WYSIWYG Widgets / Widget Blocks: Better way to create & manage widgets.
- Post Type Switcher: Easily switch a page to a post and vice versa.
- Simple Slideshow Manager: Easily add slideshows to blog posts
- Pinterest Mistakes Bloggers Make (my eBook!!)
- Elite Blog Academy
- Blogging Concentrated
- Mom Blog to Money Blog
- Social Fabric University (must be a member of Social Fabric)
- I get my business cards from Moo or Minted.
- I used to use a plugin for my editorial calendar, but I do better with my paper Erin Condren planner.
- Grammarly: Free proofreader, grammar checker, plagiarism checker
- I use both Mailchimp and ConvertKit for newsletters and automation.
- I store and share files using Dropbox.
Anitra has been sharing useful ideas for moms at The Mama Zone since 2009. She’s a wife, mom of two and an elementary school teacher, turned homeschooling mom. She’s also an online influencer and ebook author who enjoys writing to help other moms and to build strong families.