It’s day 8 of the 2017-18 school year in our area and so far, it’s shaping up to be the best year yet. My senior and 7th grader are both off to a great start and as we plan for this school year, I thought I’d pull together some tips and tricks to help you plan too.
This post contains affiliate links. When you use them to shop, I earn a bit to help keep the blog running. Thanks!
I’ve written quite a few back to school posts in the eight years I’ve been running The Mama Zone. It’s clearly a passion and probably makes it obvious that I majored in Education. So, I’ve pulled together a list of my favorites for you to dive through and find what you need. Here you go…
Back to School Ideas and Resources
- A back to school prayer for your kids
- Tips for keeping kids healthy as they return to school
- Chalkboard back to school countdown printable
- Back to school morning routines (plus a morning checklist)
- Stress-free back to school shopping
- Printable college shopping list (and tips!)
- Homework stations and desk decor
Tips for Managing the School Year
- Supplies to keep you prepared for school projects
- A peek at our homeschool curriculum (and you’ll find curriculum reviews and other tips in my Homeschool section)
- Tips on surviving the school year
- Getting kids to read
- Homework/homeschool tools we use: Google apps (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides), Grammarly, Quizlet, Kahoot!, HomeSchool Minder, Spelling City
- Educational projects and subscription boxes: Tinker Crate (check out our review), Groovy Lab in a Box (check out our review), Piper (check out our review)
These tips and tricks should help you get off to a good start and help you and your favorite students have the best school year ever, too. And, while I have you hear, I’ll take this opportuity to remind you to check out my Check Your Messages Bible Workbook and my 101 Bible Verse to Teach Your Kids ebooks. Thanks so much to those of you who have purchased a copy and I’d love to hear your feedback!
Let me know if you have questions about any of this and if you have any Back to School tips to share with my readers, leave it in the comments, on The Mama Zone’s Facebook page or in a post in the ZoneMom Collective Facebook group!
Psst…Pin this to save and share!
Larger image will open in Pinterest window