You’ve Been Sentenced to Family Fun
Well mamas, I’ve dusted off the “Mama’s Faves” button and carved out a spot for it at the bottom of this post. We’ve added another unique product to our list of family favorites, and I am certain your family will be jumping on the bandwagon too! This time, we’ve discovered a game that has turned our family game night on it’s head. Get ready to hear about our fun and to enjoy a chance to bring that same fun to your house!
(Cue the drumroll and spotlight…)
You’ve been Sentenced
is an absolutely unique game. On the surface, it might appear to be another run-of-the-mill educational game, but inside that shiny red pentagon, you’ll find a box-load of sentence building fun
. The goals are simple: create sentences and justify the most ridiculous ones to the other players.
Reach 200 points and you win. We had an unbelievable time getting familiar with the game and we were not only building sentences as we played together, we were building our little family.
Here are the basics:
- The game is for 3-10 players, ages 8 and up.
- There are 540 cards with over 2,500 words to create TONS of sentences, making every game fresh and preventing repetition.
- Players begin with 10 cards and use as many words as possible to create justifiable sentences.
- If players object to a sentence, they become the jury and vote on whether the sentence should be scored.
Here’s what we enjoyed:
- The rules are easy. Although my son is six, he was able to play with a little support.
- Scoring is easy, thanks to the score sheets included in the box (and on the site as a pdf).
- Laughter is guaranteed. I’ve never seen my kids work so hard to put words together and it was hilarious watching them try!
- The game is expandable—there are 6 add-on card decks available.
- The game is easily extended with the list of other methods of play available on the website.
- The game can be used in classrooms to teach grammar and sentence structure and there is even a lesson plan on their site.
My only suggestion is that they create an add-on deck with sight words for younger kids. This would expand the age range of the game and give the little guys a chance to play and practice key words while they’re playing.
Of course, we’ve given it 5 mamas
:  I love it
.  It’s kid approved
.  It works just as described
.  At $24.95, it’s reasonably priced
.  It is a very unique game
that balances fun and education quite well.
I’m so thrilled to offer you the chance to win a You’ve been Sentenced prize pack, which includes the game, plus copies of the six, themed add-on decks (Brain Buster, Sports Highlights, Pop Culture, NASA Space Terminology, Sci-fi/Fantasy and Gourmet Cuisine). The prize value is $75 and entering is easy (just follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter form below). If you don’t want to wait until the contest is over, you can grab the game at Amazon.com where it’s on sale for $20.59!! Have fun entering, and I especially hope you’ll like their page on Facebook. All the best…
I received a sample product to review but was not compensated in any other way. My opinions are always my own. For more information, read the Guide to Mama’s Product Reviews or read my Disclosure Policy.