My only goal in life is to make your life a little easier.
Well, that may not be my ONLY goal, but when it comes to my life here at The MamaZone, it’s my primary concern. It’s the reason I search for unique products and opportunities and I get so excited when I find things I believe will enrich your life. Here I am with another one and a chance for you to win and you’re gonna love it!
The Nokia Lumia 710 is the first Windows Phone from Nokia. It’s a snazzy, yet inexpensive smartphone, which can help you manage your schedule, stay on top of your social networking and have a little fun online. I’m sacrificing in a huge way for you here, as I give my iPhone a rest to put the Nokia Lumia to the test (nope, didn’t mean for that to rhyme!). Here’s my list of the top 10 features that caught my eye:
- At $49.99, it’s extremely affordable. If price has prevented you from owning a smart phone, this might be your shot.
- It has a 5-megapixel camera with several shooting modes and image effects.
- It’s available in black or white, but instead of going out and purchasing a case, you can customize your phone with one of the available colored backs. (Love it!)
- The screen is a 3.7-inch ClearBlack WVGA scratch-resistant (a.k.a. kid-resistant) display.
- It’s light weight, at 4.43 oz. (lighter than my iPhone).
- Nokia has a new program called SmartStart, which gives users a one on one setup tutorial. This is great for you tech-shy mamas!
- The People Hub gives you easy access to the people in your life via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hotmail and Gmail.
- Use voice activated search on Bing to quickly find what you’re looking for.
- It comes equipped with Microsoft Office Mobile, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and One Note.
- It includes turn by turn navigation with Nokia Drive.
And, here are my thoughts:
There are a number of neat conveniences on this phone. Having Microsoft Office Mobile and access to your documents anywhere is a HUGE (and very convenient) plus. It’s very easy to access and update your calendar using “Agenda” or “Daily” view. If you’re running late, you can open the appointment, tap “Late” and send an email letting attendees know.
Other conveniences include syncing your contacts, email, calendars, pictures and videos between your computer and phone. You can also use “Speech” to make calls, text and give commands. Access emails, play games and get all the apps your little heart desires. You’ll find all the things you’d expect in a smart phone, wrapped in this cute little package.
There are also lots of features that won’t matter much unless you’re a social networking fan. For instance, your Facebook events show up on your home screen and in your calendar–a great tool if you use Facebook a lot, not so much if you don’t. You also have to set up a Windows Live ID to utilize the phone, if you don’t already have one. And, while I like that the People Hub helps you stay updated on all the people in your life, there are so many people I follow on Facebook that I don’t necessarily need listed in my contacts.
If you’re looking for an affordable smartphone, the Nokia Lumia 710 gets my recommendation. You’ll need to spend some time walking through the set-up instructions, but the phone is very easy to customize. You’ll probably find quite a few pre-loaded items you won’t want, but uninstalling them is not difficult at all. I’ve given it 5 mamas.
Wanna win it? Send me a tweet telling me why/how the Nokia Lumia 710 could simplify your life. Don’t have a Twitter account? You can leave a comment (but if you’re gonna win this phone, you might as well sign up for twitter now!). Use the Rafflecopter form below to enter, but be sure you complete the tweet by filling in the blank or your entry won’t count. The contest is open to US residents and will end at 11:59 p.m. on March 3rd.
Please note, the phone is only available on T-Mobile!