I’ve taken Napoleon Hill’s “Think and Grow Rich“ off the shelf for this week because I need a refresher! And, as usual, I assume that if I’m having a challenge, a few of you are likely having that challenge too. I think this is one of my husband’s favorite books and it’s one of those things he tried to share with me many years ago, but I’m just now catching on. There are a ton of valuable nuggets in this book and it’s definitely a good read. Hill lists 6 practical steps to move from desiring wealth to acquiring it, and I think you’ll find it useful as you work to earn more money, save more money, and wisely manage what you already have.
- “Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire. It is not sufficient merely to say ‘I want plenty of money.’ Be definite as to the amount…”
- “Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire. (There is no such reality as ‘something for nothing.’)”
- “Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the money you desire.”
- “Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.”
- Write out a clear, concise statement of your responses to the previous 4 instructions.
- “Read your written statement aloud twice daily, once just before retiring at night, and once after arising in the morning. As you read–see and feel and believe yourself already in possession of the money.”
I’m struck by how simple these steps are. These are not overwhelming tasks and if we’re willing to park ourselves for a moment, we can all do this. In fact, I’d like to challenge you to do these things THIS WEEK. Let’s commit to taking these steps and see where they lead.
If you’re intrigued enough, pick up a copy of the book and put it to the test. There are some ideas I don’t agree with, but I believe in the potential of the steps he mentions above. Let’s see what happens as we begin to think differently about building wealth. Are you up for the challenge? Leave me a comment and keep me posted on your progress.
Become an Insider to stay on top of everything in The MamaZone.