Motherhood is full of lessons and sometimes, I’m open to learning them. Here’s what I picked up last week in the newest edition of What Mama Learned.
I’m extremely blessed.
I’ve got Thanksgiving on my mind and, as I plan for our family’s festivities, I’m considering all of the reasons I’m thankful this year. 2015 might not go down on my list of favorite years, but I am definitely aware of just how blessed I am. In fact, I’m thankful to have survived this difficult year with my family, home and BRAIN still in tact! And in this week’s edition, I simply want to invite you to consider just how blessed you are.
Quick Tips for Cultivating Thankfulness
- Take a deep breath in and let it out. If you can do that, be thankful.
- Look at the device you’re using to read this post. Whether it belongs to you or you simply have access to it, be thankful.
- If you have plans for Thanksgiving day that involve eating or spending time with others (or being alive), be thankful.
- If you have a place to live and you’re clothed in any way as you read this, be thankful.
- If the above items simply scratch the surface of the privileges you enjoy each day, be very, very thankful.
Consider these tips often and you’ll be on your way to a happier life. I’m on my way to tattoo these tips to my kids’ arms (and I’m totally with you if you decide to do the same). I’ll leave you with an oldie but a goodie around these parts, The VeggieTales Thankfulness Song…
And, if you’re getting ready for a Thanksgiving bash and you haven’t grabbed my free printable Prep List, grab it now.
Be sure to check out this Monday’s Mom for some great t.i.d.b.i.t.s. Let’s chat in the comments or on Facebook and Twitter today. Enjoy your week…