I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for LISTERINE. I received samples for this review and a promotional item to thank me for participating.
LISTERINE’s Heroic Habits Follow-up
It’s been a few weeks since my first post on LISTERINE’s Heroic Habits campaign, so I’m back with an update. I hope you’ve been focusing a bit more on your kids’ oral habits. I know it’s not easy, but just know you’re not the only mom facing the challenge!
LISTERINE is shining a light on our efforts to keep our families healthy with a campaign they’re calling Heroic Habits. They recognize the creativity and hard work involved in cultivating healthy habits at home and they’re celebrating that work with fun videos of America’s Healthiest Heroes.
Now, I’ve been thinking about all the things I’ve done to encourage my kids to take better care of their oral health. I can’t say that I would describe my efforts as heroic, but I’ve definitely been putting in some work. See if you can relate.
- Buy cute toothbrushes for the kids.
- Buy toothpaste in cartoon-themed packaging.
- Use a toothbrushing timer that rings after 2 minutes.
- Use a toothbrushing timer that plays the Birthday song.
- Hide fresh breath in their back-packs (try the LISTERINE PocketPaks).
- Sing the Birthday song wild the kids brush their teeth.
- Teach the kids to hum the birthday song while they are brushing their teeth.
- Position the dentist as the bad guy who will yell at them if they do not brush their teeth.
- Buy kid-friendly flossers.
- Brush their teeth for them.
- Hang signs on the bathroom mirror.
- Put checklists on the bedroom door.
- Write messages on the mirror.
- Remind yourself that they’re small and these teeth will fall out anyway.
- Floss at random moments to trigger their internal flossing reflex.
- Reward them with sugary treats for brushing twice a day.
- Take them for ice cream after a successful check up at the dentist.
- Yell at them to remember to brush their teeth before school and bed.
- Buy extra toothbrushes for those times when you find the old one behind the toilet.
- Buy electric toothbrushes so you can hear the sound from anywhere in the house and confirm they’re brushing.
- Keep extra toothpaste and toothbrushes in the glove compartment just in case.
- Use a sticker chart to track their brushing habits.
- Nag them about making sure they brush everyday (did I already say that?)
I know this list runs the gamut from useful and practical to downright shameful. The point is that we do a lot to encourage our kids to practice healthy habits and some of it actually works. In my case, I have found that buying kid-sized, kid-friendly products has gone a long way toward keeping my kids on top of things (LISTERINE Smart Rinse is now a staple because of that). It’s also helped to teach them “the why” of healthy habits–the more they know, the easier things become.
The bottom line is that we find what works through trial and error, but the important thing is not to give up. Keep telling yourself they’ll get it eventually (at least that’s what I do!) and trust that they will.
Shop for LISTERINE products to help you meet the challenge!
One more thing. If we forget about any part of the oral care routine in our house, it’s usually flossing. And since I’m guessing that we’re not alone, I’d like to do a quick floss giveaway along with five bucks for you to spend on oral health. Enter below!
Entering is easy. Just leave a comment telling me something you’ve done to encourage healthy oral habits! By the way, Insiders receive 10 extra entries into the giveaway of their choice, so if you aren’t already receiving my Insider Newsletter, that’s a great way to enter AND earn bonus entries (sign up now!).
The giveaway is open to U.S. residents and will end November 7th at 11:59 p.m. Eastern. The winner will have 24 hours to reply after being notified by email. Listerine is not sponsoring this contest–it’s my gift to you.
Follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter form below. If you’ve never used Rafflecopter, all you need to do is use your email or Facebook login to get started. Click the mandatory entry (being a follower, friend or fan) and follow the directions. You’ll then have access to a number of additional ways to earn extra entries! Best…
a Rafflecopter giveaway
“With more than 100 years of innovation in oral care, LISTERINE® Brand has your family covered with a diverse portfolio of products including a whitening mouthwash, mouth rinse just for kids, unique floss formulations and products to kill bad-breath germs on-the-go.”