Helping you save and earn money is a huge goal here at The MamaZone. I know you have unexpected bills and like a little extra shopping money and I’d like to help. So, in addition to the ideas I typically share in the Save and Earn section, I’ve pulled together this huge (and growing) list of legitimate ways you can earn money and free products with very little work.
Earn Money and Free Products by Referring Friends (They’ll thank you!)
If you like to share your favorite things with friends or you have a loyal social following (on a blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), referral links are a great way to earn freebies and, in many cases, extra cash.
You join, companies give you a website link or code that’s specific to your account and you earn when friends use that link or code to sign up. In essence, they reward you for being social–something you’re doing anyway! Check out the list below (It contains some of my referral links, so we’re helping each other earn!).
What you need to do: Sign Up, Share, Earn.
The links listed below will take you to companies that will reward you in cash, points or products, just for signing up and sharing your personal referral links.
- Ebates*- Ebates lets you earn cash back when you shop online at specific stores. Refer your friends and you’ll receive $5 in cash once they make their first $25 purchase and earn cash back. They always have additional bonus offers–right now, through March 31st, you can earn an extra $25 in cash per qualifying friend.
- Ibotta*- Ibotta is a cash back app you use on your phone. You shop, check the app for rebates and snap pictures of your receipts to earn. They offer $5 in cash for each friend you refer and your friends get $10 in cash after verifying their first receipt.
- Ownza*- Ownza is an extension you add to your internet browser. Shop specific stores and earn cash back for your purchases. Refer friends and earn $1 in cash for each friend who joins.
- dealspotr* – You get lots of emails with deals and discounts. Share those coupons and codes with others on dealspotr and earn Amazon.com gift cards. Every deal you post earns karma and karma quickly turns into gift cards. When you refer friends, they receive 200 karma points and you receive 50 karma points.
- Amazon Family* – Amazon Family gives Amazon Prime members exclusive discounts. Refer friends and receive a $10 credit for each friend who joins and spends at least $10.
- Uber* – Register for a new Uber account and refer friends using your unique referral code. They’ll get their first ride free and you’ll earn a $15 credit once they take it.
[Social Media and Blogging]
- Sverve* – Sverve offers social media influencers the opportunity to earn money for blogging, tweeting, etc. Sign up and earn $2 when you refer friends.
- Izea* – Izea offers opportunities for influencers to earn money for blogging and sharing on social media. Earn 2.5%-10% of your referral’s earnings, depending on how many friends you refer.
- Linqia* – Linqia gives bloggers opportunities to work with brands to earn income. Sign up and share your referral code to earn $5 per referral plus a 15% commission on their first campaign.
[Banking & Finance]
- Capital One 360*- Open a Capital One 360 Checking or Savings account and earn $20 per friend.
- YouNeedABudget.com – Use YNAB for your budgeting and refer friends. They get $6, you get $6.
[Websites & Apps]
- Bing Rewards – Bing Rewards lets you earn credit for searching with Bing. You can also earn 150 credits when friends join and reach silver status.
What you need to do: Shop, Share, Earn.
The links listed below will take you to companies that will reward you in cash, points or products when you shop or become a member and share your personal referral links.
- HelloFresh – HelloFresh is a weekly dinner subscription box. Friends save $40 off their first box and you receive $20 off your next box when you refer. Use code SDR62Z to join. You also periodically receive free boxes to offer your friends.
- ePantry*- ePantry is an online store where you can find natural health, beauty and household items. Refer friends and you’ll both receive a $10 credit.
- World Market* – World Market is one of my favorite places to shop for home decor, furniture and household items. Refer friends and they’ll receive a $10 credit on their $50 purchase, plus you’ll receive a $10 off reward, too.
- American Home Shield*- We use AHS for our home warranty. It makes appliance and household repairs so much easier. When account holders refer friends, they each arn a $25 Amazon.com gift card.
- Amazon Prime – Share Amazon prime with friends and earn $5 per friend after friends spend their first $5.
- Erin Condren* – Erin Condren sells incredible planners, paper, notebooks, stickers and more, and when you refer friends, they’ll enjoy $10 off their first order and you’ll get a $10 gift certificate.
- Koala Crate/Kiwi Crate/Tinker Crate/Doodle Crate* – These great monthly subscription boxes go a long way toward stimulating a kid’s imagination. When you invite friends, they get $10 off their first box and you earn a $10 credit.
- Land’s End* – Join their referral program and both you and each friend you refer will get $25 off a $75 purchase.
- Julep* – Julep is a subscription box that sends great polishes and beauty products each month. You get $15 to shop for each friend you refer and their 1st beauty box is free.
Earn Cash for Your Influence
Earn money by using your social media accounts to share content sponsored by brands. There are a number of companies that will connect you with brands and pay you for sharing sponsored social media posts on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram, etc. If you’re interested in earning money blogging, check out my HUGE list of ways I make money blogging. Now, on to the list…
What you need to do: Apply/Sign up, Post, Earn.
By the way, you can also earn cash as an affiliate if you have your own website. You sign up and, once accepted, place ads and post about sales. You can find a list of these sites on my “Make Money Blogging” page as well.
Earn Cash and Rewards for Shopping
I personally get excited about earning a few dollars back when I shop and there are a number of sites and apps that offer cash back rewards. Stores also regularly reward shoppers for their loyalty via extra coupons, discounts and savings at partner stores like gas stations (I recently paid .99¢/gallon for gas, thanks to grocery store rewards). Check out the list below to get started. You’ll recognize a few of these from the Referral section as they give you more than one way to earn.
What you need to do: Sign up, Shop, Earn.
[Cash Back Sites/Apps]
- Ibotta*- Ibotta is a cash back app you use on your phone. They offer rebates from a number of stores on a number of products. You simply shop, check the app for rebates and snap pictures of your receipts to earn. They pay via Pay Pal or Venmo once you’ve earned $20 or you can redeem your cash back for gift cards for $25.
- Ownza*- Ownza is an extension you add to your internet browser. Shop specific stores and earn cash back for your purchases. You can redeem your cash back by check, PayPal or gift cards to popular stores.
- Ebates*- Ebates posts deals and lets you earn cash back when you shop online at specific stores. You can cash out by check or PayPal once you’ve earned $5, but they only pay every three months.
- Shop at Home – Shop at Home offers deals and cash back rewards. They pay once each month when you’ve earned $20.
- Receipt Hog – Receipt Hog is an app that rewards you points for sending them pictures of your receipts. Points can be redeemed for cash via PayPal or an Amazon gift card.
- Winn Dixie – Sign up for their loyalty card and earn discounts on gas at Shell.
- Kroger – Sign up for their loyalty card and earn discounts on gas at Shell and participating gas stations.
- Best Buy – My Best Buy members receive one point for every dollar spent and an additional 5% back in rewards if you use a Best Buy credit card. Every 250 points earn a $5 reward certificate.
- Target – Target offers Target REDcard users a 5% discount on all purchases, free shipping and an extra 30 days for returns. The REDcard is available as a debit card connected to your checking account or a Target credit card.
- Kohls – Their Yes2You Rewards gives shoppers one point for every dollar spent and a $5 reward certificate for every 100 points.
Earn Gift Cards for Online Activity & Using Apps
If you have extra time on your hands, earn a little extra cash for completing surveys and participating in market research. You won’t get rich with this, but here are some legitimate ways to earn.
What you need to do: Sign up, Complete Tasks, Earn.
- Swagbucks* – Shop, search, watch videos, take surveys and play games to earn free gift cards to your favorite stores. There’s also a toolbar you can install for easier earning and they post bonus codes daily.
- Bing Rewards* – Bing Rewards lets you earn credit for searching with Bing. You can redeem credits for gift cards and other rewards.
Earn Cash Selling or Renting Your Stuff
- Ebay – Take great pictures of your extra stuff, write a detailed description and post it on ebay. It’s a great way to get rid of your excess.
- RentNotBuy – Maybe you have great stuff that you don’t want to sell but wouldn’t mind loaning. Rent it to others for a fee instead.
- Foap – Download Foap, upload your great photos and earn $5 for each image you sell.
- Markedshot – Download the app and upload your great photos. Photos are checked and once they’re approved, they can be sold for $5. According to the app description, you’ll earn 50% of the proceeds from each photo sold.
That should be enough to keep you busy for a while! If you know of other opportunities I should add to the list, leave a comment and let me know!